- Vis flere filtre less filters
Short finger gloves for road cycling, MTB and touring
When you are riding your bike during summer, cycling gloves are an essential part of your kit. Light gloves ensure even more riding fun, a secure grip on the bars and, by means of an integrated padding, comfortable shock absorption for your hands. Our practical buyer's guide helps you choose the perfect pair of gloves for summer.
Our range includes a big choice of light cycling gloves for women, men and children, made from airy materials for summer. Discover road and MTB short finger gloves in all standard colours and price ranges by renowned manufacturers such as ROSE, assos, Castelli, Chiba, Northwave, Roeckl and many more!
Being light is the main thing – the right material for your summer cycling gloves
Especially during summer, your gloves should be light, airy and breathable. There are different materials to choose from. Particularly popular for the warm season are mesh materials, which wick off excessive moisture and heat to the outside fast, where they can evaporate. In this way, your hands will stay comfortably dry and cool on warm days, too.
Some brands such as Roeckl offer materials like SunTan, a tan-through upper fabric for an evenly tanned back of hand.
The palm is mostly made from a synthetic leather, which offers good breathability on the one hand and safe grip on the bars as well.
Gel or foam padding
When you are riding your bike, uneven roads or rough trails cause micro vibrations that reach from the wheels through to the fork, handlebar and into your hands. The constant stress caused by vibrations can lead to premature fatigue of your hands. This can be solved by integrating a padding on the palm – either made from foam or gel. Please read here which padding is the right one for you:
- Foam: The classic padding on the palm of cycling gloves is made from foam, which compresses during shocks and afterwards returns to its original shape again.
- Gel: For even better shock absorption, there are also cycling gloves with gel pads on the palm. Gel distributes vibrations and shocks more evenly and thus offers even better protection for your hands.
Practical features of cycling gloves:
- Slip-resistant silicone prints: Many gloves come with special silicone prints on the palm. These ensure safe grip on the bars even with sweaty hands or in rain.
- Pull tab: Many gloves have a tab between the fingers which prevents the glove fingers from turning inside out when pulling the glove off. In this way, you don’t have to put the fingers back inside again before the next use.
- Velcro closure: Many gloves come with an adjustable velcro closure on the cuff to ensure a snug fit. This makes the glove fit like a second skin and allows for quick adjustments on the trail.
- Elasticated cuff: An elastic cuff is another option that requires no extra closure. This type of cuff fits even more closely and cannot open during the ride.
- Terry thumb: The thumb of some cycling gloves is made of a particularly absorbent material. You can wipe off your sweaty front with it during riding.
With these practical tips, you should be able to find perfect short finger gloves for your road cycling training, upcoming tours or mountain biking adventures. If you have more questions about short finger gloves, please feel free to contact our competent advisers anytime.
Our range includes a big choice of short finger cycling gloves for women, men and children, made from airy materials for summer. Discover road and MTB gloves in all standard colours and price ranges by renowned manufacturers such as ROSE, assos, Castelli, Chiba, Northwave, Roeckl and many more!